Email to SMS
SMS-based communication is now regarded as the gold standard when it comes to reaching your customers directly. It’s instant, it has an extremely high read rate and, thanks to Wholesale SMS, is exceptionally easy to set up and use.
By using our simple Email to SMS feature, you can send SMS messages in the same way you send an email – just using an ordinary email client like MS Outlook.
Our SMS gateway can be accessed in 3 ways
Benefits of Email to SMS
Using the email to text system does not require any special software. All you have to do is email the message you want delivered to our Email to SMS gateway and it forwards the message to the number you entered in the subject line. That’s all there is to it.
- Saves time
You don’t have to use any extra programs and no training is required.
- Simple & easy
When the recipient responds to your message via SMS, the 2-way SMS feature delivers their reply to your email inbox – the whole conversation is available at a glance in the body of the email.
- Information at your fingertips
It’s great for keeping track of SMS conversations. With a full record of all interactions, it’s easy to build an audit trail for future reference.
Because your email client plays a central role in sending and receiving SMS messages, you can use its native features to save time and improve efficiency. For example, by organizing your recipients into groups, you can easily send specific messages to certain groups – useful when doing targeted promotions.
How to send a message using Email to SMS
Note: Before getting started, you’ll need to make sure your email address is added to your account.
- Log into your account and click on Account Settings
- In the Account Settings screen, click on Email to SMS
- Click on Add Email Address
- Check that the Shared Number option is selected
- Enter the email address you want to use to receive replies
- Click Save Email Address
Once you’ve set this up, sending an SMS from your email account is easy:
- Compose a new email
- In the To: field, type the mobile number you wish to send to in the following format: 04XXXXXXXX@app.wholesalesms.com.au
- If you want to receive replies to your email, leave the Subject: field blank
- Your recipient will receive the SMS from the Wholesale SMS system response number – to override this, you can put a name or mobile number in the Subject: field; however, you will not be able to receive replies to your inbox
- When the recipient replies, you will receive the reply to the inbox of your nominated email address, with the body of the email containing the complete 2-way conversation
Wholesale SMS is Australia’s cheapest SMS provider
We’ve achieved the lowest rates for email to SMS in Australia without compromising on speed or reliability. Check out our pricing schedule. All plans are pre-paid, and you can top up easily using our web interface.
If you’d like to get a better feel for how our service works, why not sign up today?
It’s instant, free of charge, and no credit card details are required. Plus, you’ll receive 15 free messages, so you can get started immediately!